Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Filipinos are “Awesome”.

One of the very well made documentaries I’ve ever seen. The cinematography, the background music and the story of how humans got their selves into the wilderness of the ocean. I can’t imagine myself doing the same thing they do for a living. The scenes are breath taking – too dangerous for the people who’s featured and as well as the crew and the cameramen behind the scenes.

Here, you can see different cultures and style in order for them to survive. So when I was watching I never thought that the Philippines would be included and will take part as the highlight of the story (for me). I witnessed the bravery, creativity and intelligence at the same time those Filipinos have. Imagine how chaos the Pa-aling Fishermen are doing on 40 meters below underwater using an improvised tangled web of pipes for them to get an air for breathing while capturing a thousands of fish in a vast net.

The funny part are these people who lives in a boat and spend so much of their lives in the seas that they even get “Land Sick” when they step their foot on land for heaven’s sake! hahaha. They’re called The Bajau or the “Sea Gypsies”. Aside from that, there is this one man who can stay up to a couple of minutes underwater without any tool for breathing. Awesome, right?!

ENJOY! Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment